As Sous Chef you will:
- Support the Head Chef with all aspects of the day to day running of the kitchen.
- To participate in the preparation and cooking of the menu items.
- Ensuring compliance with the law and best practice concerning food hygiene, health and safety, manual handling, etc.
- Support a culture of training and development within the Kitchen, identifying training needs and ensuring that the team attends training when required.
- Liaising with the senior team to ensure the effective resolution of any grievance, disciplinary and other employee relations situation.
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection process of the Kitchen team.
- Encouraging increased level of performance by assisting with the performance appraisal system and succession planning of the restaurant.
- Overseeing the welfare of all restaurant staff.
Key skills we’re looking for:
- Highly skilled culinary professional, experienced in leading kitchen teams to deliver the highest standards of food.
- Qualified in Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and other related training, and willing to work towards progressing to the next step.
- Experienced in managing a kitchen operation in compliance with statutory requirements and best practice.
- IT proficient.
- Highly organised and self-motivated with a pro-active problem-solving approach.
- Flexible and able to deliver high standards of work.
- Committed and willing to take responsibility and grow within the role.
- Personable and able to work well with others.
- Able and comfortable working under pressure.