As Chef de Partie you will:
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Supervise the junior chefs or commis and KPs
- To participate in the preparation and cooking of the menu items.
- Estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Keep compliant with all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and reporting of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Being personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Leading by example on personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
Key skills we’re looking for:
- Knowledgeable and experienced in kitchen operations, having held similar roles ideally cooking Italian cuisine.
- Passionate about food.
- Highly organised and self-motivated with a pro-active problem-solving approach.
- Flexible and able to deliver high standards of work.
- Committed and willing to take responsibility and grow within the role.
- Personable and able to work well with others.
- Able and comfortable working under pressure.