As Kitchen porter you will:
- Ensure that the kitchen equipment is kept in pristine condition and working order, clean and properly stored ready to be used.
- Ensure compliance with the law and best practice concerning food hygiene, health and safety, manual handling, etc.
- To dispose of waste materials from catering areas to designated collection points.
- To operate industrial dishwashers in all catering areas.
- To transport provisions, equipment and other catering related items as required.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times
- Assist the kitchen team with any request to support the smooth running of the kitchen operation undertaking occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
- Dealing with deliveries
Key skills we’re looking for:
- Highly organised and self-motivated with a pro-active problem-solving approach.
- Flexible and able to deliver high standards of work.
- Committed and willing to take responsibility and grow within the role.
- Personable and able to work well with others.
- Able and comfortable working under pressure.